- Nobody cares if you wear a beanie every day now.
- You get way more compliments on how your dressed because your coat collection is amazing
- Being able to wear hoodies, like big slouchy cosy hoodies that are actually a trend now.
- New snowboard gear gets released in shops and online. *bank account cries*
- Snowboard movies start to drop online so you can get stoked on Winter and convince yourself that you will try harder this season.
- You don’t actually mind the cold weather, everyone else moans about it but you love it.
- Now you have another excuse to add to your never ending coat collection.
- Webcam stalking begins, you know the resort doesn’t open for another month but there’s no harm in looking at the webcams to check on snow conditions.
- Family members start to ask you what you want for christmas and you tell them all about the new goggles with quick change lenses that you want as they look at you blankly not having a clue what your talking about.
- Winter is just around the corner! You don’t have to wait long until you are reunited with your snowboard!
November is here and it’s finally starting to feel like Winter! I recently discovered that Starbucks have 2 hot mulled fruit drinks on offer. I had a free taster in store and instantly knew that was what I wanted to order! My favourite is the Mulled Apple but they also do a Mulled Grape flavour. When I take a sip of this it reminds me of being at the Christmas markets in Innsbruck. If you like warm fruity and sweet drinks then you will love this. I never get this excited about a drink but the Mulled Fruits are so delicious! The recipe consists of hot spiced apple with chai and a slice of apple with a cinnamon stick. Plus who can pass up the opportunity to take a Starbucks cup Instagram snap.. not me obviously! Starbucks are running an Instagram contest at the moment and you have until the 10th of November to enter. Upload your red cup photo along with the hashtag #RedCupContestUK to enter. :)
Vans Realm Backpack in Black – £34.99
This Vans backpack is nice and simple, no tech features just a simple backpack. Perfect for those spring days when you want take some lunch up the mountain. The rose pattern is really subtle and cool, it’s not in your face girly.
The shops are stocking up with Autumn/Winter clothing right now. I love this time of year because the clothes are so comfy and cosy! Here are my favourite picks from Subvert Boardstore –
A checkered Nikita shirt is always a staple wardrobe item for me. When your in a rush you can just throw this on with some jeans and your ready to go.
I love the print on these leggings, I just ordered some for myself because I pretty much live in leggings when Autumn arrives. It’s nice to have the pattern on the bottom and then pair it with a simply hoodie.
When I first started riding I lived 15 minutes away from Xscape Castleford and would ride twice a week religiously. Since I have moved down south the nearest slope to me is at Hemel Hempstead which takes nearly 2 hours to get to! The Snow Centre is my favourite slope in the UK though so I don’t mind making the effort to get there. After what has felt like a lifetime of not snowboarding it felt nice to get back on my board to hit some rails.
The girls scene at Hemel is always great and it puts you in such a good mood seeing so many girls pushing themselves to try new things. This night was one of the most fun nights of riding ever and it’s got me super excited to get back to Mayrhofen for the Winter! My outfit of choice for indoor dome riding consists of Nikita Deerwood pants, Subvert Raglan Hoody, XS freeride helmet, Mara ‘Easy Ride’ beanie & Celtek Maya Mittens
*Disclaimer* I am not a professional wakeboarder! I still class myself as a beginner/amateur! This Summer I finally tried out Wakeboards that aren’t just the bog standard rental boards with open toe bindings. I want to start hitting the park features more so I’m trying to find the perfect board for me. Continue reading